Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Movie review time

I was never a crazy fan of the movies( think I can attribute that partially to my genes..My Mom's head starts splitting at the mere mention of Television!) but I have appreciated any movie which had a good story artistically told. And of course, original comedy.

I watched "Batman Begins" a few days ago after hearing rave reviews about it and sorry to say, it was a huge disappointment for me. I guess I was partially prejudiced though, or probably I went in with high expectations hoping it would turn out to be a bit like Spiderman.It was a dark and shady movie and the plot was actually funny, objectively speaking!I would rather have had a mutant bat bite him and give him superpowers which would save mankind from injustice for eternity!The the part where Liam Neeson makes a statement about the League of Shadows "whenever the world has reached the peak in corruption, we descend to restore peace and justice" aka Krishna in the Bhagavad Gita totally cracked me up(do u catch my drift..eh..eh? lol!)!!

Yet, there were parts that I really admired..like the part where Batman uses his fear as his power and where Michael Caine always replies to Bruce's question " You haven't given up on me yet" as "never" in a very Britty accent.And Bruce's line in the opening of the movie when an Asian hunk says " I am the devil" , "No, you are practice!"..boy that was a sure winner.

On the contrary, "War of the Worlds", of which I got to see just the first hour seemed quite thrilling.It may not have had a plot or anything serious but I did think the visual and sound effects were exemplary and the potrayal of human fear was quite realistic at times...and like a critic of the movie said, with which I agree, directors like Steven Speilberg are simply incapable of bad film-making(wah-wah kya baat kahi hai!).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home