Thursday, October 13, 2005

The girl who went up the hill and came down the sky

Last weekend was pretty amazing.I had attended a percussion concert by the ensemble "Heartbeat" headed by Karthick, a talented disciple of the famous ghatam artiste Vikku Vinayakaram.But the highlight of the weekend was my long(read an year long!)-awaited trip to the A mountain, one of the landmarks at ASU.All that I needed to get to the top was 20 minutes but I never did so in a whole year because of lack of company.The only time I had tried to get onto the top was when I real real upset and wanted to get "high" but didnt do so as I was getting lost in the trail and didnt like the idea of rattlesnakes and scorpions( which is quite likely in Arizona) lurking among those lonely trails at sunset.

I finally found company last weekend and boy, did I have fun! Its amazing how easily one could turn the "big bad world" to a teeny weeny colony with specks of light scattered all across the floor much like the plethora of stars and galaxies that shine above us.It felt like we were between two blankets of stars leaving me undecided as to which one was more breathtaking...I had none left.As I gaped at the wonders of creation in awe, my friend showed me all the other mountains he has "conquered" and famous haunts in Arizona including a strip club I had never heard of.At the moment, everything else had turned magically insignificant and dreams of trip to a faraway land with enchanting beauty began weaving inside my head.Although the trip didnt work out due to mundane worldly issues which I do not wish to recollect at the moment which are the "lows" that are not worthy of my contempation, it still is amazing how imagination can transform the seemingly banal to a whirlwind of excitement...

1 Comments:

At 6:06 PM, Blogger adhyayan said...

nice read.. keep writing.. we were reminded of u when we saw the sprinklers at old main in full
action..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home