Monday, May 07, 2007

diet diet diet

For the past few months( or was it years??) I have been trying hard to lose some weight and thanks to a colleague of mine, I had gained a lot of insight into health and nutrition. He recommended a diet called the Fat Flush Plan by Ann Louise Gittleman. I was extremely impressed by the principles of the diet but could never follow it real close as it was designed for meat eaters and I am a vegetarian.The diet targets the liver as the fat burning device in the body and aims at detoxifying the body to take off the detoxing load off the liver and direct it's efforts to fat burning.

Diet, anyway, was never my thing. I always lost weight when I stuck to a frugal diet and indulged in frequent and satisfying workouts.Although I loved working out, the hard fact, as my personal trainer put it, was that losing weight was 75% diet and 25% exercise.

After many months of trying this and that I have come to a conclusion- losing weight was all in the mind. Not in a diet or exericse forced on you, but the simple, real simple task of really really wanting it and let your body and mind work together to tell you what you exactly need to do to achieve your goal.Once you have set your mind on it, its amazing how things work your way.

Its ironic when people say I want to lose weight but feel like eating all the wrong foods. Do you really want to? The problem at its root is not losing weight, not looking good but is all about the ability to control your senses.Its not about losing weight its about gaining control. And thats what everything hinges on- thats should be the focus.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 10:11 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

ahhh... very well said.. It is all in the mind and nowhere else.. awesome .. I am proud to see your determination.....

 
At 12:28 PM, Blogger Sai said...

Hey Supraja... How are you?

 
At 3:04 PM, Blogger adhyayan said...

sup.. I am tagging you to answer a set of questions!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home