Saturday, November 12, 2005

Excitement rules

I have been pondering quite for a while why I havent been able to sleep early of late.My heartbeat is racing when I get to bed and its impossible to catch sleep when its that way.After many experiments , I have finally found out why.Its cos I have been getting to do things that I have a passion for with people who share that passion, especially in music.

Jammed for quite a while with a friend who was a mridangam/kanjira artiste and another tabla expert.It was fun although percussion gives me the creeps while singing because of the pressure of having to maintain the rhythm in a song in addition to melody and pitch.Nevertheless, it was fun singing various film songs and krithis in classical carnatic with a mridangam accompaniment until late in the night.Its a rare privilege to have an opportunity as such is the routine for only professionals.I was glad we shared almost the same taste in our choice of ragas and our craze for T.M.Krishna!

Cant sleep today either cos today saw me at the Eagles' live concert and they started with take it easy, which is quite expected (for the lines "I was standing on the corner in Winslow Arizona,which had the audience erupt in cheer).Was quite thankful for playing "Love will keep us alive" as it my favorite number from Hell Freezes Over(The album was named that cos when they were interviewed after their breakup, one of the guys stated that they would come together only when "Hell Freezes Over".I dont know what that means but it looks like it sure did!).I either didnt stay long enough or probably they didnt play my favorite "New York Minute" and "Last Resort" but I did have a hell of a good time anyways so no regrets :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home