Thursday, October 13, 2005

A chaotic morning....

It was one of those days ( not so much of a rarity in my case) wherein things just didnt go the way I planned. I had to catch a flight to Philadelphia at 9:14 am and calculated that the best time to be at the airport would be 8:30 since I already printed out my boarding pass via Web check-in.But what an overly indulging experience of "coffee meditation" ( the art of savoring the aroma, taste and cherishing coffee as part of a meditation routine) could do to me is this-I overran my time estimate and had to wake up my roomie,who thankfully, is a friend to pack my lunch and rushed to the bus-stand which was amazingly closer than my estimate( again-utterly bad planning in action) and caught the earlier bus than the one I intended which was running late!( Now that had nothing to do with my plans)

The sight which met my eyes at the airport made the web-checkin one of the most intelligent decisions I had taken in my recent memory-God Bless America-West! The airport was teeming with chaotic confusion with never ending lines of passengers waiting for their boarding passes.My early arrival to the airport had not affected my schedule in anyway as I inched along the long lines through the security point which was clearing at a furious pace and surprisingly enough, there were no tags with security stamps on the baggages of the passengers.Perplexed, I reached my gate to board my plane and was more surprised to see people already boarding in full swing.

Once inside the aircraft, an announcement by the hostess made this confusion comprehendable.Due to bad weather conditions in Philadelphia, our aircraft will have to wait for 4 hours in Phoenix if it doesnt take off in the next 10 minutes! What ensued after the announcement was part excitement and partly hilarious.I joined the passengers next to my seat and the nearby aisles in vehemently pleading "Please sit down" to every passenger who boarded in the last few minutes left to avoid the imminent fate of having to wait for 4 hours as I just had a few hours in Philadelphia before I had to catch a train to Boston.Towards the last minute, the steward made a call for a certain Marcus to show himself up and since there was no immediate response from anybody, a guy behind me went " Everybody show their hands up, we gotta get this plane moving".I burst out into a nervous laughter.Thankfully, the plane took off soon after despite the prediction of the lady next to me that we were not going to make it.

An early landing in Philadelphia was nevertheless in vain as the weather had progressively degressed and it was pouring rain.Although I couldn't see much of Philadelphia more so because of the weather my period of stay, I enjoyed the change from a never-say-die summer heat of Arizona.Its the magic of the East Coast I guess!So much so that I didnt even wear a sweatshirt until late in the evening just to feel what it was to be cold!

1 Comments:

At 6:09 PM, Blogger adhyayan said...

come home.. and we will tell you how the new 'US Airways' building erstwhile America West one's.. has thrown ' the lady who touts raw food diet' into a frenzy recognition of glamor in that bldg..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home